Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
hacker for the society of sharing.
Project page: Linked pictures
Would it be possible to have linked pictures on project pages instead of uploads ?

For MotionBox I built a bunch of tools to generate screenshots every once in a while.
This is convenient for updating the web presence with just a few commands.
It's important for an independent developer to avoid doing things twice.

I know it might not be top priority and I can manage to upload new screenshots by hand.

Thanks ♥ !
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
Project page: Linked pictures
bunjee
Would it be possible to have linked pictures on project pages instead of uploads ?

For MotionBox I built a bunch of tools to generate screenshots every once in a while.
This is convenient for updating the web presence with just a few commands.
It's important for an independent developer to avoid doing things twice.

I know it might not be top priority and I can manage to upload new screenshots by hand.

Thanks ♥ !

I could add that, Benjamin, certainly. I would have to enforce that those links are https:// links. We want to avoid mixed-content warnings where possible.

I think I know just how to add it which also takes care of the request to be able to reorder screenshots easily in one go.
Basically the screenshots you've uploaded populate a textbox with their URLs and they are shown in the order they appear in the textbox. Want an external image? Add it. It's much more convenient than the fancier 'arrows' and drag & drop reordering of images you see nowadays.

Alternatively, if you find it hard to deploy the images over https:// (you may want to take a look at EFF's Let's Encrypt in that case), I might be persuaded to add an API endpoint with a secret key that lets you upload screenshots with curl.

I'll start with the first option, though, as that's the least amount of effort for the biggest payoff.

HTH,
Jeroen