handmade.network » Forums » Programming Music
Connor_Rentz
Connor
54 posts

It's been so long ;)

#7681 Programming Music
1 year, 10 months ago

The title is pretty self explanatory.

Lately, I've been listening to some OSTs of games I like, such as Cave Story, Zelda and others. Sometimes I indulge in some electronic/trance usually background music that doesn't have any lyrics. (I find it's easier to think without someone blabbering) And a lot of times I listen to nothing at all.

What music do you listen to while programming? (if any at all).

- Connor :P

<C
e1211
The_8th_mage
71 posts
1 project
#7682 Programming Music
1 year, 10 months ago

a year ago i really liked to write with "Rocky horror picture show" and frozen soundtracks, then i liked the doubleclicks, then jonathan coultun for a while.
Croepha
David Butler
75 posts
1 project

I love pretty much anything technical, whether it be programming, networking, hacking or electronics.

#7683 Programming Music
1 year, 10 months ago

If I'm really trying to focus on something, it needs to be music without words. Usually classical. Yo-Yo ma channel on Amazon Music is what I have been on lately. If I am doing system admin stuff then I can pretty much listen to anything, that is isn't too slow... I like a station called "Alt+J" lately for that kind of music.

404 Signature not found
RJTracer
Lachlan Easton
15 posts

Technically a Programmer

#7687 Programming Music
1 year, 10 months ago

I've been listening to Kaki King recently http://www.kakiking.com/
Pretty much a really skilled guitarist playing some really great guitar music.
revivalizer
Ralph Brorsen
9 posts

Programmer of software synthesizers, compilers, interpreters, embedded systems, 64kb intros, procedural generators.

#7688 Programming Music
1 year, 10 months ago Edited by Ralph Brorsen on July 22, 2016, 6:49 a.m. Reason: album details

Recently I've been listening to Carbon Based Lifeforms, particularly the Hydroponic Garden and World of Sleepers albums.

For a something a little more energetic, I like "DarkMix" on youtube.