Without further ado, here is build 00.01.05.
CHANGELOG for this version
- Added a new ",c" modifier to expressions to display memory as null-terminated string
- Fixed highlighting in memory view for types bigger than 255 bytes
- Fixed breakpoint highlighting for assembly lines
- Memory view: Added tab key to quickly switch between editing bytes and characters
- Fixed a bug in the memory allocator when compacting memory
- Made the output window movable and resizable (both settings are not persistent at the moment)
- Fixed a minor rendering issue for combo boxes
- Fixed small misalignment in cursor hit detection on inline variables
- Fixed a few cases where clicking on an inline variable member would insert the wrong expression into the watch window
- Added a resize handle to memory views
- Fixed setting the wrong task state when trying to kill a task that has already stopped
- Only process memory regions that start at offset 0 into the file
- Fixed interpretation of configs and ui.config without a trailing line break
In case you are new here
..and want to catch up on the WIP introduction of this project you can do this over here or watch some of the videos on the project page; most of these information you can also read on the patreon page.
This project has very ambitious goals because when we are honest with ourselves, debugging on Linux is in a pretty bad state; I personally want this project to be as good as I can possibly make it and if you are into native programming on Linux, you may have an interest in this as well.