We are currently in the process of converting the website to the new design. Some pages, like this one, are still broken. We appreciate your patience.
Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Timothy Wright
76 posts / 1 project
[Resolved] Problems with the "Quote" button
Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on Reason: Resolved
I haven't gotten the "quote" button in the forum to work yet. I expect if I click quote, it will copy the quote block to the "Post New Thread" window. I would also expect if I highlight some of the post it would just quote that selection, or have another button for posting selected text only.
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
Cheers, Timothy, I've added it to the Bug Reports list.

That "highlighted quote" idea sounds really cool, incidentally. I haven't come across a forum that has this feature, but it's something I'd almost certainly use.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
timothy.wright
I haven't gotten the "quote" button in the forum to work yet. I expect if I click quote, it will copy the quote block to the "Post New Thread" window. I would also expect if I highlight some of the post it would just quote that selection, or have another button for posting selected text only.

This should now be fixed, considering I just used it. ;-)
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
Kelimion
timothy.wright

This should now be fixed, considering I just used it. ;-)

Nested quotes should now also work as expected.
Timothy Wright
76 posts / 1 project
Miblo
Cheers, Timothy, I've added it to the Bug Reports list.

That "highlighted quote" idea sounds really cool, incidentally. I haven't come across a forum that has this feature, but it's something I'd almost certainly use.

Gamedev.net does this, which is where I got the idea.