Handmade Network»Forums
Anthony
3 posts
How do I start a project?
Is it limited selection currently or can anyone start their own projects because I can't seem to find where to get one assigned to my profile.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, it may well just be that I haven't looked hard enough :3
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
anthonyy
Is it limited selection currently or can anyone start their own projects because I can't seem to find where to get one assigned to my profile.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, it may well just be that I haven't looked hard enough :3

Until we hit v1 with the site, there's not going to be a way to start a project from the site. At that point there will be a form for project submission, and we'd evaluate the projects before deciding whether or not to accept them.

If you want to have your project considered before then, please send an email to the staff with a description of your project, and we'll let you know what we make of it :)

Thanks,
Jeroen
Anthony
3 posts
Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the help :D
117 posts
Code hacker/developer
Anthony, what are you working on and would you like a hand?
@Mattias_G
42 posts / 1 project
Amateur (ex-pro) game dev, making retro styled games and small public domain C/C++ libs.
I guess you could always start a thread about it in the Work In Progress forum.
Anthony
3 posts
Edited by Anthony on Reason: Fixed typo
Todd
Anthony, what are you working on and would you like a hand?

I'm working on a (toy) scripting language. I wrote a prototype a couple of months ago in C# and although it somewhat worked it was ridden with bugs, issues and dirty hacks so I want to do a rewrite in plain old C. It also compiled to LLVM-IR which meant I had to use what is effectively a C# wrapper around a C wrapper around a C++ API in order to generate the IR code. This time I'd quite like to write my own VM so that it can be embedded in larger C programs and work alongside the lower level code.

It's mostly a learning exercise so I'm not looking for a partner to work on it with although I'll be committing to a new public GitHub repo eventually so you're welcome to contribute that way.