Handmade Network»Forums
James
2 posts
Getting the 64 bit compiler to work
Hey all,

I've been learning from Casey's stream for the past 10 months or so, and am really so appreciative of his work and this community. Unfortunately, I've run into an issue while trying to get the 64-bit compiler set up on my laptop, despite things working fine on my desktop. I can get the 32-bit compiler and the cross-compiler to work, but when I run vcvarsall x64 or vcvarsall amd64, the command line tells me that the tools are not installed. I've gone into the bin and tried to find vcvarsamd64.bat but everything appears to be missing from that directory. There's no reason why the 64-bit compiler wouldn't have installed, as far as I can tell. I have the Community version of Visual Studio and have installed the necessary tools. I reinstalled Visual Studio and still, no dice. I seem able to build with the 64-bit compiler inside of Visual Studio, so this really has me perplexed. If anyone has any ideas, I would love some help so that I can use the native 64-bit compiler from the command line.

Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on
"Visual Studio 14.0" folder is for Visual Studio 2015.
If you want to use Visual Studio 2017 then you need to run following bat file:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat" -arch=amd64 -host_arch=amd64
James
2 posts
This worked! Thank you so much :)