Handmade Network»Forums
23 posts
Microsoft Quantum Development Kit
Edited by LaresYamoir on Reason: Initial post
Hey everyone. I recently found this video from Microsoft about developing for quantum computing.
Seems like they already developed a simulator for a quantum computer, which you can run on your local machine and make programs for.

Do you think it would be wise to learn quantum computing via software even though we don't even have real quantum computers yet? To me it honestly seems kind of backwards...
However the topic itself and the fact that people are trying to figure out how to make quantum software I find quite interesting, that's why I wanted to share this. Maybe someone wants to try this himself/herself.
23 posts
Edited by LaresYamoir on
Interesting I didn't know about the IBM one. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I'll guess we'll have to wait a "few" years before we can compare the simulation to the real product (as in actual buyable computers for consumers).
I just fear that we might end up in a situation similar to the web, where a lot of computing power is wasted and security issues are ignored/unknown because it grew organically and legacy stuff has to be usable online (which more often than not doesn't anyway).

On the other hand, it's probably more comparable to Meltdown and Spectre! Which makes me wonder: Would a quantum computer be more vulnerable or less to similar attacks just by the use of quantum technology? That might actually be someting you could potentially test with a simulation beforehand.
23 posts
Thanks, I'll take a look at those videos.