This past week, I have been doing programming live streams working on a rendering abstraction over OpenGL 3.3 (Core Profile) on Twitch. I started streaming after I had the initial design in place, so I could focus the stream on the more final versions of the design and getting something up and running. I tried my best to explain how something works as we go along, and to show how we can redesign the data and API to get something better. The videos are available in a YouTube playlist if you find this interesting and/or think it might help you out. I am just uploading the final video now, where we make 3 examples programs to test the abstraction. I will warn you that the first two videos might be a little harder to follow, as this one of my first times streaming. After that things are more relaxed so they flow much better.

Yesterday I streamed working on my own newly designed immediate mode UI library. We got the project compiling and then got some boxes rendering to the screen using the rendering abstraction. The boxes have both a background color and border, they were also used to test the row and column layouts. If this sounds interesting to you, I'll be streaming further development tomorrow and most days in the week around 1PM (GMT+1). Thank you Ryan Fleury for the great podcast in general and especially the one with Micha Mettke (thank you too sir). It gave me a load of inspiration and bunch of ideas for this library.

When I was streaming, I had someone show up in the chat helping me through aspects of the OpenGL API. It was great to experience mutual learning and overall a lot of fun. So stop by if you have the free time, don't be afraid to ask any questions. It'll be good learn from each other :)

If you haven't done so already, I strongly urge that you give live streaming a go. For me, it felt so scary at the start. But once I got going, it really tested my skills and put me in a zone of accomplishing. If you feel like you are anxious to do it, just record yourself and practise doing the same thing over and over. You'll slowly build up an idea of what to do. But nothing beats the day you actually do it for real! You'll thank yourself later.

Anyway, hope that helps! Thank you for the read and look forward to hearing back :)