Handmade Network»Forums
Ted Bendixson
28 posts / 2 projects
I make apps and games for Mac OS and iOS. Creator of Mooselutions and Skate Dice. Avid terrain park snowboarder. Charlottesville, VA.
A new idea for a 2D puzzle game, loosely based on the HH game engine
Edited by Ted Bendixson on
I decided to kill my previous game idea after I found myself unable to fix several gameplay problems with it.

The new game is about picking up a 3x3 section of the level, projecting it in a straight line across the map, and then placing it where it lands.

Imagine if the player could edit the level. It's kind of like that.

Check out this game demo with commentary.

Overall, I feel way better about this idea. I find myself spending more time playing the game than putting in new features, and my friends can play it for hours instead of just a handful of minutes.

Feedback is appreciated.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
It looks interesting.

In the video, you should move your head a the top of the screen as it's less likely to be in front of something important (in the first room we can't really see what you do). And the game capture seems to be cropped, we can't see the player at times.
Ted Bendixson
28 posts / 2 projects
I make apps and games for Mac OS and iOS. Creator of Mooselutions and Skate Dice. Avid terrain park snowboarder. Charlottesville, VA.
haha yeah my apologies. My computer isn't fast enough to run OBS full screen. Honestly I need to get a better streaming setup
40 posts
That looks really interesting! I like the concept, keep it up man, you are onto something there.