I finally added a syscall compiler builtin:
I finally added a syscall compiler builtin:
Here is an example showing the latter but also clearly how the temp allocator can hand over to the backing allocator for pages which also gets cleaned up as needed:
Swapping the normal allocator for the temp one and clean after use:
Temp allocator with autoreleasing pools:
I bumped C3 to 0.3.0 basically it's just all that was after 0.2.0, which I first released as 0.2.1 0.2.2 etc. Even though I've had problems with eyestrain during and a lot of time spent is just thinking about how a feature should look, it ended up being a bunch of things added:
Some enum name reflection, with opt-out:
C3 doesn't have function overloading but:
Getting somewhere with the printf, the snippet below is now printing:
0: deadbeef 1: 0x00007ff7bf0b0608 🤣 [0x4d2] -43943922244 +123 -12 2: -43943922244 -43943 123 -12.300000 3: -1234.300000 你好 Hej 4: 1.230000 45.000000 1.23000 45.0000 1 45 2.382300e+02
Working on printf:
Adding a string builder in the standard library for C3:
Converted the Raylib Arkanoid, which unearthed a bug in the ABI implementation! Excellent.
Playing Snake with Raylib + C3:
This is a first stab at a library description format for C3. This example defines only a single target (MacOS x64), but normally more are added.
--lib raylib this definition would link libraylib.a + all of the MacOS frameworks. Note that rather than providing a statically allocated library, the same definition file could allow a directory of .c files or .c3 files to compile. Or link it dynamically.
C3 with raylib on mac
ERROR: '@require "d > 0" violated.' at function test::test (debugstuff.c3:4) at function test::main (debugstuff.c3:10) at function test::_$mainstub (debugstuff.c3:8)
Assertion failed: (@require "baz > 100" violated: 'whatever'.), function test, file debugstuff.c3, line 6.
Last piece of compile time constructs:
Just reducing the code output to LLVM on -O0 (an extreme case, reducing the number of instructions from 12 -> 3)
Some updates to the
variant functionality - either get it as pointer or as the value copied to variable:
Not finished, but this prints
double 123.000000 int: 1 Unknown type.
Ranged case Output:
Something else: 0 1-3 1-3 1-3 4-10 4-10 4-10 4-10 4-10 4-10 4-10 Something else: 11
I made this, which outputs:
3 12 1 7
Adding some volatile store/load:
Testing the bitstruct
I've removed the untyped literals, I wrote something about it: https://c3.handmade.network/blog/p/8168-removing_features%252C_gaining_freedom
I've been implementing some of the programming language shootout tasks... here is mandelbrot:
C3 got string (actually slice) matching. This outputs
This works This works too Winning!
So this experimental stuff works now with this output:
Hex array: Open the pod bay doors Base64 array: Open the pod bay doors Multi line: Say hello, to my little friend... Raw string: C:\foo\raw.dll
The whole new
try stuff is added to C3 now, and I enhanced it a little:
A contributor made raylib bindings for C3: 🥳
First version of user defined foreach works, this prints
1 3 10
Mixing C and C3 code, running vkQuake: https://github.com/c3lang/vkQuake
Thanks to the hard work by the contributor kvk1920 C3C is now up and running on Windows under Mingw and MSYS2 with CI! 🥳
I had to do ad hoc lexing for feature, but I'll end up reusing it for a lot of other compile time functions later on:
test_param(11, 10); gives:
Assert violation 'Invalid input' on line 159, in file 'debugstuff.c3'.
156: 157: /** 158: * @param x - one parameter 159: * @param y - other parameter ^ (debugstuff.c3:159) Error: There is no parameter 'y', did you misspell it?
Getting more environment info available from inside of programs now.
So this now works, with an output of:
Repeat 1 Repeat 2 Repeat 3 Repeat 4 Repeat 5 Repeat 6 Repeat 7 Repeat 8 Repeat 9 Repeat 10 111 121 4 77
I added this for enums, it's sometimes useful (printing
Min -5 Max 14 Elements: 3)
C3 got a new style for casts:
Finally some generic module code up and running. Defining some parameterized functions and types.
Those cursed gradients are working again for text rendering:
Sum integers using recursion, slices and typed varargs... 😅 (call using
sum_us(1, 3, 5, 11))
Ok so this works now, but it's using alloca to copy the slice. I don't know how I feel about that. In safe mode you'll get a panic if you exceed MAX_PARAMS, but currently not in non-safe. I might mask this though.
Typed varargs in C3:
A goddarn miracle, C3 is using built in linking on Linux
Piecemeal adding some welcome library functionality while checking how the macros/function namespacing looks in the wild (not perfect yet):
Took a little while but constant aggregates are now spliced in a fairly efficient format from what I can see. This one would take gigabytes of memory to describe for Clang:
More and more debug info getting done in the C3 backend: