I've been dreaming of an application like this for a long time, and while this particular project does not completely fulfill my vision, I'm very happy with the result! Especially considering it only took a week to make!
Currently the number of audio effects and synths is limited, but I hope to expand and improve this application in the future.
The tool features:
- A few basic oscillators (synths), which can be altered through their inputs
- An ADSR envelope - can be triggered by any signal
- A delay with feedback (echo)
- An audio recorder, can be manipulated by any signal. Drag & drop an audio file into the application window to import it as a recorder instance. Click the export button to save audio (press F1 to open export folder)
- A waveshaper that can be used to alter (distort) the signal
- An XY pad, that can be used to do manual manipulations, as well as supply a parameter to other modules
- Some other utilities
One major limitation is that it only deals with monophonic audio. It's unlikely I will fix that in this project, I would rather like to start afresh with a codebase that is not so hacky :)
Also there's no saving...