finally its here -> The new release of FPL!
So what has changed since the last release? Not that much, i just added a multi-monitor api, added support for using FPL as a dynamic link library, fixed some bugs and updated the documentations a lot.
I know its not that much, so why took it so long?
There was several reasons for that:
- Changes in real life, resulting in less time to do any private coding
- I am still working on a tool for helping me writing documentations, faster and more reliably
There are a lot of @IMPLEMENT tasks left, which needs to be completed. So my plan for next version is simple:
- Finish up all the @IMPLEMENT tasks
- Finish up the doxygen-editor
- Finish up the documentations
After that, i will add vulkan support and starting the network api.
As usual the release is tagged, but documentations will be updated later (due to server issues).
Here is the full changelog:
## v0.9.3.0 beta
- Changed: Renamed fplSetWindowFullscreen to fplSetWindowFullscreenSize
- Changed: Replaced windowWidth and windowHeight from fplWindowSettings with windowSize structure
- Changed: Replaced fullscreenWidth and fullscreenHeight from fplWindowSettings with fullscreenSize structure
- Changed: Renamed macro FPL_PLATFORM_WIN32 to FPL_PLATFORM_WINDOWS
- Changed: Renamed fplGetWindowArea() to fplGetWindowSize()
- Changed: Renamed fplSetWindowArea() to fplSetWindowSize()
- Changed: Renamed fplWindowSettings.windowTitle to fplWindowSettings.title
- Changed: Reversed buffer/max-size argument of fplS32ToString()
- Changed: Renamed fullPath into name in the fplFileEntry structure and limit its size to FPL_MAX_FILENAME_LENGTH
- Changed: Introduced fpl__m_ for internal defines mapped to the public define
- Changed: FPL_ENABLE renamed to FPL__ENABLE
- Changed: FPL_SUPPORT renamed to FPL__SUPPORT
- Changed: [CPP] Export every function without name mangling -> extern "C"
- Changed: [Win32] Moved a bit of entry point code around, so that every linking configuration works
- Fixed: fplPlatformInit() was using the width for the height for the default window size
- Fixed: fplExtractFileExtension() was not favour the last path part
- Fixed [Win32/MSVC]: Workaround for "combaseapi.h(229): error C2187: syntax error: 'identifier' was unexpected here"
- Fixed: [POSIX] Parse version string (isdigit was not found)
- Fixed: [X11] Added missing fpl*Display* stubs
- New: Added fplSetWindowFullscreenRect()
- New: Added fplGetDisplayCount()
- New: Added fplGetDisplays()
- New: Added fplGetWindowDisplay()
- New: Added fplGetPrimaryDisplay()
- New: Added fplGetDisplayFromPosition()
- New: Added fplGetDisplayModeCount()
- New: Added fplGetDisplayModes()
- New: Added fplGetWindowTitle()
- New: Added docs back-references from atomic functions
- New: Added support for compiling FPL as a dynamic library
- Changed: [Win32] fplSetWindowFullscreenSize does not use virtual screen coordinates anymore
- Changed: [Win32/POSIX] Store filename in fplFileEntry instead of the full path
- Fixed: [Win32] fplGetExecutableFilePath was not returning the last written character
- Fixed: [Win32] fplGetHomePath was not returning the last written character
- New: [Win32/X11] Use fplWindowSettings.fullscreenRefreshRate for startup when needed
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplSetWindowFullscreenRect()
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplGetDisplayCount()
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplGetDisplays()
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplGetWindowDisplay()
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplGetPrimaryDisplay()
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplGetDisplayFromPosition()
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplGetDisplayModeCount()
- New: [Win32] Implemented fplGetDisplayModes()