I got sick of Go templates on my personal website and decided to try something weird. I like the syntax of JSX, but I wanted to server-render things and didn't want to use JS or any weird frameworks. So - I built a JSX-like transpiler for Lua. I guess it's called LuaX. Notice the HTML tags inline in the source code.
This allows me to write blog posts and other website content without ever recompiling the website binary. And using a real programming language instead of Go templates allows me to write nice "components", but all on the server. It feels very nice so far.
(Also, the whole transpiler is less than 1000 lines of code, because Lua is such a wonderfully simple language to parse.)