Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Dan
22 posts
A man named Dan.
Bug: Time stamps displayed in UTC
There is an option in my profile to select a time zone, but it does not seem to correct the time stamps of posts. I would expect them to be shown to me in my local timezone, but at the very least a timezone offset postfix (i.e. "Last post date April 29, 2016, 6:34 p.m. UTC") should be appended for clarity.

An per-user option to display times in 24-hour format would also be nice, but is much less important.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
dbechrd
There is an option in my profile to select a time zone, but it does not seem to correct the time stamps of posts. I would expect them to be shown to me in my local timezone, but at the very least a timezone offset postfix (i.e. "Last post date April 29, 2016, 6:34 p.m. UTC") should be appended for clarity.

An per-user option to display times in 24-hour format would also be nice, but is much less important.

This has already been reported in the sticky thread at the top, see Timezone is being used incorrectly
Dan
22 posts
A man named Dan.
Kelimion

This has already been reported in the sticky thread at the top, see Timezone is being used incorrectly

Mind you, I did check there before I posted this but I must have missed it. Sorry for the re-post!
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
No problem. I'd rather have too much than too little feedback, Dan.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Developer, administrator, and style wrangler
Edited by Andrew Chronister on
Just checking something...

Doesn't look like it's UTC, but it's definitely not correct. I'll take a look.