Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
hacker for the society of sharing.
Project page: Remove picture background
Edited by Benjamin Arnaud on
Greetings folks,

I'm looking for a way to remove a picture background from the project page settings.

Is there a way to do so ?

Thanks a bunch !
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
bunjee
Greetings folks,

I'm looking for a way to remove a picture background from the project page settings.

Is there a way to do so ?

Thanks a bunch !

There is: upload another background. If no background is set we show the parametric geometrical background that ties in with the rest of the site. I suppose we could add another option where you can opt to have just a flat color instead?
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
Well, what if I want to remove completely the background and go back the cute geometrical shapes :-D ?

Also, a plain color might be convenient as far as I'm concerned.
Defaulting to dark theme could be nice too. *But* I guess It would break user preferences.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
bunjee
Well, what if I want to remove completely the background and go back the cute geometrical shapes :-D ?

Also, a plain color might be convenient as far as I'm concerned.
Defaulting to dark theme could be nice too. *But* I guess It would break user preferences.

Indeed, I should add a 'Remove the background' option so you go back to the geometrical shapes.
Either that or the simpler option:
- Background: [X] Image [ ] Shapes [ ] Color (where Image defaults to Shapes if you haven't explicitly uploaded one yet)

Overriding the user preference for light/dark isn't something I think we should do.
I'm more inclined to let you choose background images and colors based on the light and dark theme, just as you can with the logo?

With all that in mind, there is an open todo item to reorganise the project settings page a bit and add a preview there. That preview would necessarily exclude uploading a different background just for the preview, but you could play with the color scheme in preview mode, tweak the project description, or play with the other background settings (color, geom, own background as already uploaded).

When I say 'necessarily exclude', I don't mean that it's technically impossible to upload a new background, allow you to preview it and then confirm if you want to set it as the new background. It's just a more involved feature than I'd like to get into right now. It could certainly be a feature to add later. (A case of allowing a number of backgrounds per light/dark, selecting one for the public, and being able to preview what the pages would look like with the other ones. If you like a particular one, set that as the default and delete the other ones if you like)

Something like that :) Feedback welcome.
Benjamin Arnaud
74 posts / 1 project
Edited by Benjamin Arnaud on
Kelimion
Indeed, I should add a 'Remove the background' option so you go back to the geometrical shapes.
Either that or the simpler option:
- Background: [X] Image [ ] Shapes [ ] Color (where Image defaults to Shapes if you haven't explicitly uploaded one yet)

Looks good to me !

Aside from that there's not much I'm missing from the project page. Does the job nicely.