Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
8 posts
[Resolved] Site search
Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on Reason: Resolved
I can't find a Search or Find button/option.
Any hints? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
[Resolved] Site search

Welcome to Handmade Network.
We'd like to remind you that the site is currently in a public preview phase, or what you might call a beta.
Some features are missing, other things are a bit janky. We're working diligently to resolve all of this.
If you come across something not mentioned in either of those threads, kindly open a new topic in the feedback forum.

Like it says right there on the front page, some features are in the works. Search is one of those that's not too far off.

I'll move this thread to the feedback forum in a moment. Also, welcome :)
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
[Resolved] Site search
Until we put together a custom handmade search solution that spans the site, gitlab and all other things handmade.network that's friendly to searching code and programming terminology to boot, there's now a little search box at the top of the page.

What this does is take your search term, adds site:handmade.network or site:<project>.handmade.network in front and redirects you to Google in a new tab. That's pretty much it, but it works.

For the record, I've tried DuckDuckGo as an alternative, but its results weren't quite as good.
Nevertheless, I'm open to adding a profile option that lets you use them instead.
8 posts
[Resolved] Site search
Thanks Jeroen, that works!
1 posts
[Resolved] Site search

If you're using FireFox, you can create a bookmark for the search.

This will make "hh my query" search this site for "my query":

1. Right click on the bookmarks toolbar and select "Create new bookmark"

2. Fill in the following fields:

Then, when in the search/address bar, whenever a query is prefixed with "hh", it will search the handmadehero forums for whatever follows the "hh".