Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
1 posts
ssl certificates for handmadehero.org etc
Edited by Fredward on
Not sure if this belongs here, Mods feel free to remove/move as needed.

I was browsing CMuratori's homepage and some related MR/Handmade sites and it was concerning to me to see that the SSL certificates used on these sites look very phishy.

For example in the chrome browser if you navigate to https://handmadehero.org/ and inspect the certificate information it shows a common name (CN) value of "selectyourgirls(dot)in" with a whole list of SAN (subject alternative names) that are nasty looking.

I would highly recommend switching to Let's Encrypt or some other more reputable type certs for handmade network sites.

Thanks,
- Fred
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on
You'll need to talk to Casey about that - he's maintaining handmadehero.org domain & website. I believe Handmade Network has no control over that.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Molly Rocket doesn't host those sites either. Google does (via Firebase). Google procures the SSL certificates.

If you'd like to tell Google how you want them to issue certificates, be our guest :)

- Casey