Handmade Network»Forums»Wheel Reinvention Jam
Gaurav Gautam
98 posts
I asked Chat GPT to play a sine wave using directsound... it hung
Edited by Gaurav Gautam on

Now this could just be that it happened only once and won't happen again. But I asked chat GPT this question: write a program to write a continuous sine wave into a directsound soundbuffer and play it

It included dsound twice, then hung. That cursor at the bottom has been blinking for minutes now. I don't think its going to do anything next.

image.png

For more enjoyment, note that Casey Muratori has some very interesting things to say about const. Then look at all those const's

https://twitter.com/cmuratori/status/381303477260914688

P.S. I feel Brian Sharp will be much happier with Rust, which places so many more restrictions for the reasons that he is pointing out. And if I really wanted to not have these variables modifiable, why won't I just use a #define ?

511 posts

when it's hung like that it usually means it's hitting the rate limiter and you can get more by asking it to "continue"

Gaurav Gautam
98 posts
Replying to ratchetfreak (#29146)

Yeah, it does continue. Whats more, its answer now has completely changed from before. Im not sure if this will work since there is no winmain, but otherwise this looks like it has a solid chance of working.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 5.24.29 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 5.24.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 5.24.45 PM.png