Handmade Network»Forums»Jobs board
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Colorado Programming Jobs
I live in Nebraska with my wife and kids and we're looking at getting to Colorado for our permanent home. The wife works now and is looking for opportunities out there, but I'd also like to look out for something I could do.

I'm 30, spent 5 years in the Marine Corps, got my bachelor's degree in computer science, spent a year in grad school, and now I generally spend my time taking care of the house and kids while programming in my off time. I prefer Linux and systems programming using C, but I'm pretty open to any chance I can get to move to Colorado.

If you have any advice, contacts, or just wanna ask me some questions, I'm all ears. Thought I'd put myself out there in the off chance that someone here could help me get my foot in the door.

Thanks,
Jeremiah
Neo Ar
165 posts / 1 project
riscy.tv host
I took a course last year on extending ENVI with their "IDL" programming language at the Exelis headquarters which is in Boulder Colorado. At the time they were just being acquired by Harris Corporation and they're now Harris Geospatial if Wikipedia is correct. I have no idea if they are hiring but you might want to ask. I'm not sure what the compiler/toolchain for IDL is written in, but I imagine something like that might be up your alley?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDL_(programming_language)
http://www.harrisgeospatial.com/

You should also talk to Delix, he's a college student from Colorado and might know of potential tech jobs in that state.
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Thanks for the info! That company looks interesting and has a couple open positions I might look at. This kind of stuff is very helpful.
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Thought I'd bump this thread to get it in front of more eyes.

If you know anyone who might know something about programming jobs in Colorado, I'd love to chat with them. I'm actively looking for work out there, preferably in Boulder, and Google is at the top of my list. Thanks!