Handmade Network»Forums
Mike Jackson
15 posts
I'm a contract web developer living in London. I'm interested in understanding things from first principles.
Handmade London Meetup
Edited by Mike Jackson on Reason: Initial post
There's been some interest in getting a London meetup going for a while but not a lot of momentum.

Last month we managed to successfully coordinate a small informal online meetup with 4 people and we want to keeping the ball rolling. Our current plan is to have a meetup once a month on the last Thursday of the month at 7pm until around 9pm or 10pm. We have a #meetups-london channel on the handmade network discord where we will post the details of the next meetup.

I suspect the first couple of meetups will happen online, but it really all depends on how things with covid unfold and how comfortable people feel. There is no strict structure but we will probably aim to have some brief introductions, followed by one or more demos/presentations and then breaking off into discussions and general geekery.

There are a couple things you can do to help in the meantime:
  1. Add yourself to the Handmade Collectives Worldwide listif you haven't already.
  2. Get yourself onto the handmade network discord and come say hi in the #meetups-london channel.
  3. Contact me if you have something you'd like to demo or present.
  4. Spread the word, the more interest and awareness the better.

We are still really in the early days so your attendance, feedback and suggestions all make a big difference!
13 posts
Handmade London Meetup
This sounds awesome! Thank you for the 4 of you getting together and organising something like this. I live in Kent so this is a good match for me. I will create myself a Discord account and see you all in the meet up channel :)