Handmade Network»Forums»Work-in-Progress
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
Work-in-Progress Projects Enter the Handmade.Network!
Edited by Matt Mascarenhas on Reason: Missing stuff
Good news, heroes and heroines, there is now a place in the Handmade.Network for projects that are works-in-progress! Be they the first projects of budding programmers (such as me, honestly; I'll probably start a thread for one of my things once I actually start working on it), a tech demo utilising new techniques for more experienced programmers to discuss and explore, or but the embryo of an idea for an entirely new genre of software. In short, for projects that are not ready to assume the mantle of "fully fledged project" just yet.

What constitutes a fully fledged project is kind of nebulous and up in the air – as Z was in Handmade Hero for a time – so it's a bit of a judgement call as to whether we feel what we're working on merits having a dedicated sub-domain, forum, blog and IRC channel, has the potential to grow and sustain its own community, or whatever feelings we have as to where this thing we may or may not want to refer to as a "project" sits in our own estimation.

The idea is that this Work-in-Progress sub-forum is a place to open a thread for each of our works-in-progress in order to provide a focus for this work. So each thread will be a kind of halfway area between a one-off question / breakthrough announcement posted in the Network-wide forums and a fully fledged project sub-domain. It's no secret that I have big big plans for something called Mibloids, so I'd just open a new thread in here called Mibloids and get the conversation rolling.

So here we go! Let's open our threads and see if we can't someday find ourselves with a fully fledged project on our hands.
Scott Hunt
41 posts
Father, Thinker, Mechanical Engineer @NASA, and C/C++ Hobby Enthusiast / @TexxStudio
Perfect, thanks for setting up this section of the forums! I may have a project/idea to drop in here in a few months regarding embedded systems!
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
Oooh, wow! I don't think there's any embedded system stuff in the Network yet, so really looking forward to seeing what you're up to, Scott.

Incidentally, the work-in-progress sub-forum idea was that of none other than Andrew Chronister. Gotta watch that chap.