Handmade Network»Forums»Work-in-Progress
Simon Anciaux
1341 posts
Yarnspin (Story-telling game engine)
Replying to Mattias Gustavsson (#29940)

Sure, no problem. The game, sources (scripts, not your code of course) and assets are free to use in anyway, no credits needed.

@Mattias_G
42 posts / 1 project
Amateur (ex-pro) game dev, making retro styled games and small public domain C/C++ libs.
Replying to mrmixer (#29941)

Cool, thank you! :) (and btw, for anyone wondering, my code is free-to-use/cc0 as well. except for four of the libs it's using: libsamplerate, ya_getopt, qoi and qoa).

@Mattias_G
42 posts / 1 project
Amateur (ex-pro) game dev, making retro styled games and small public domain C/C++ libs.

I made a small game with the engine, for a game jam: https://mattiasgustavsson.itch.io/clubhouse-crashsite

Simon Anciaux
1341 posts
Replying to Mattias Gustavsson (#29945)

The sitcom ambiance of the 90s (I think) is well done. I don't like laugh tracks and there was a lot of them here so it was a bit too much for my taste. The game was really fluid (I never had to think about what to do) which is good and bad at the same time (I'd have liked having to engage a little bit more with the game).

I'm not sure how I feel about AI generated graphics. Not that it looks bad, just the principle of it.

@Mattias_G
42 posts / 1 project
Replying to mrmixer (#29947)

Yeah, that's fair, AI is controversial and there are many aspects to consider. I am not sure where I'll end up with it over time. Currently, I am fine using it for free/cc0/publicdomain projects, but I wouldn't feel ok using it in something I made money off (that's just my personal feelings about it right now).

75 posts
None

The AI gen art looks great. How you made it all in the same style, made me think you used a human artist.

One thing about AI gen is it can't be copyrighted, because only a human can copyright. So good human artists will still be needed for profit projects.

@Mattias_G
42 posts / 1 project

Version 2.0 have now been officially released, more details here:

https://mattiasgustavsson.itch.io/yarnspin/devlog/685541/yarnspin-20-released