My main goal is to rethink modern music software standards to enable new creative concepts in writing music.
Why I do it
There is a lot of things I don't like in currently available music software. Some of them are: bad performance, instability (bugs and crashes), complicated system environment requirements, inconvenient UI, lack of features, closedness, and, most important, bad standards. I decided to make a new music sequencer from scratch, so I can experiment with it and find better ways to make music.
My goal for the Jam was to implement very minimal working prototype. I consider this goal to be achieved.
- Editing music sheet in piano roll view.
- Editing and playing multiple music sheets in compose view.
- Several synth sounds: sine wave, sawtooth wave, square wave, kick drum.
- Sheet looping.
- Left mouse button - Select, add element, or stretch selected element.
- Middle mouse button - panning.
- Right mouse button - delete element.
- Space - Play / Stop.
- Enter - Move playback pointer to the start.
- Escape - Reset panning.
- D - Duplicate selected sheet.
I will continue to work on the project. Ideally, I want to make it commercial, but there will be a free version always available.