Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Josh Filstrup
14 posts / 1 project
beep boop
Bug: Comments on Blog Posts Show Up As Recent Blog Posts
Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on Reason: marked thread as resolved
Page URL: https://handmade.network/m/superfunc
Description of issue: After making comments on my blogpost, I noticed that they showed up as recent blog posts themselves.
Browser + version: Chrome Canary(51.0.2688.0)
Screenshot(s):
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
They do on your profile yeah but maybe that is intended? since the blog isn't tied to you but rather to your project
Jay Waggle
10 posts
insobot++
Edited by Jay Waggle on
I can confirm this is a bug because my profile page shows my comment on the same blog post as a recent blog post as well.
Josh Filstrup
14 posts / 1 project
beep boop
Hjortshoej
They do on your profile yeah but maybe that is intended? since the blog isn't tied to you but rather to your project

If its the intention, maybe it should be something like "Blog Comments". Posts indicates a new blog entry.
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
superfunc
Hjortshoej

If its the intention, maybe it should be something like "Blog Comments". Posts indicates a new blog entry.

Yeah it should probably be named Recent Blog Comments instead
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on
Correct, I'd say that's a bug. I'll look into it.

Edit: Blog posts also seem to be missing pagination. To be fair, the blogs were a bit of a rush job, so I'm not blaming Chronal :)
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
Blog posts and blog comments are now more clearly separated on member profiles. The same goes for forum threads and forum replies, so it's now easier to see if a member started a thread or replied to one, created a blog post or commented on one.

On project profiles I've continued this distinction for the blog posts and comments. The forum threads listed on project profiles already shows the first and last poster in the threads with the latest activity, in contrast, on a member's profile it shows threads they've participated in by creating it or replying to it.