Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
[Feature Request] A way to notify people in a forum post.
When the notification system pops up, it could be nice to have a way to ping someone in a forum post and they would get notified.
Don't know what the syntax would be but something like !@<forum_name> or something.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
Hjortshoej
When the notification system pops up, it could be nice to have a way to ping someone in a forum post and they would get notified.
Don't know what the syntax would be but something like !@<forum_name> or something.

I'm going to go ahead and say that's an idea fraught with peril, Mikkel. ;-)
If we were going to do something like that, it would have to come with the option of not receiving such notifications at all, or limiting in some way the people who can ping you.

So as far as features go, this one would be on the slow burner.
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
For the annotation system, we're thinking of providing the ability to write @Hjortshoej or [@Hjortshoej Mikkel] and have it become a link that'll pop-up an infobox when hovering on it. Notifying the person wasn't part of it, but that's what we're thinking for @mentioning in the annotations (and, honestly, I don't see why not generally in the forums / blogs).