Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Timothy Wright
76 posts / 1 project
[Resolved] Problems with the "Quote" button
Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on Reason: Resolved
I haven't gotten the "quote" button in the forum to work yet. I expect if I click quote, it will copy the quote block to the "Post New Thread" window. I would also expect if I highlight some of the post it would just quote that selection, or have another button for posting selected text only.
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
Cheers, Timothy, I've added it to the Bug Reports list.

That "highlighted quote" idea sounds really cool, incidentally. I haven't come across a forum that has this feature, but it's something I'd almost certainly use.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
timothy.wright
I haven't gotten the "quote" button in the forum to work yet. I expect if I click quote, it will copy the quote block to the "Post New Thread" window. I would also expect if I highlight some of the post it would just quote that selection, or have another button for posting selected text only.

This should now be fixed, considering I just used it. ;-)
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
Kelimion
timothy.wright

This should now be fixed, considering I just used it. ;-)

Nested quotes should now also work as expected.
Timothy Wright
76 posts / 1 project
Miblo
Cheers, Timothy, I've added it to the Bug Reports list.

That "highlighted quote" idea sounds really cool, incidentally. I haven't come across a forum that has this feature, but it's something I'd almost certainly use.

Gamedev.net does this, which is where I got the idea.