handmade.network » Forums » Site Feedback » [request] Improvements on the projects info section (right side column on desktop)
raysan5
Ray
46 posts / 1 project

I love videogames development.

#15845 [request] Improvements on the projects info section (right side column on desktop)
2 months, 4 weeks ago Edited by Ray on July 23, 2018, 12:04 p.m. Reason: Initial post

Hi, just thinking about some improvements on the project info section.

1. Support Discord icon, similar to Twitter or GitHub
2. Support a better License mechanism, instead of being just a Blog Post
3. Support product download link, in case product is not uploaded in the network

Please, let me know your thoughts!
insofaras
Alex Baines
40 posts / 1 project
#15854 [request] Improvements on the projects info section (right side column on desktop)
2 months, 4 weeks ago

Hey Ray,

One of the priorities of the new team is to give the HMN website some TLC, improving any areas that are a bit rough around the edges, so your feedback is appreciated.

Adding external links and icons for Discord (and any other popular services people may want to link to) sounds like a very sensible idea and hopefully should not be too hard to implement.

I also agree that the license mechanism seems a bit tacked-on currently. It would be nice to add something akin to GitHub's license pages that break down the main points of a license, perhaps along with searching / filtering projects by license. Changing this stuff around will probably take a bit more engineering effort, but would be a welcome medium/longer-term improvement.

I'll add all 3 of your points to our internal notes.
mrmixer
Simon Anciaux
468 posts
#15859 [request] Improvements on the projects info section (right side column on desktop)
2 months, 4 weeks ago Edited by Simon Anciaux on July 23, 2018, 10:46 p.m. Reason: typo

Sorry to interrupt but what does TLC mean ?
ratchetfreak
404 posts
#15860 [request] Improvements on the projects info section (right side column on desktop)
2 months, 3 weeks ago

mrmixer
Sorry to interrupt but what does TLC mean ?

tender love and care