Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Ray
62 posts / 1 project
I like videogames/gametools development.
[request] Improvements on the projects info section (right side column on desktop)
Edited by Ray on Reason: Initial post
Hi, just thinking about some improvements on the project info section.

1. Support Discord icon, similar to Twitter or GitHub
2. Support a better License mechanism, instead of being just a Blog Post
3. Support product download link, in case product is not uploaded in the network

Please, let me know your thoughts!
Alex Baines
44 posts / 2 projects
[request] Improvements on the projects info section (right side column on desktop)
Hey Ray,

One of the priorities of the new team is to give the HMN website some TLC, improving any areas that are a bit rough around the edges, so your feedback is appreciated.

Adding external links and icons for Discord (and any other popular services people may want to link to) sounds like a very sensible idea and hopefully should not be too hard to implement.

I also agree that the license mechanism seems a bit tacked-on currently. It would be nice to add something akin to GitHub's license pages that break down the main points of a license, perhaps along with searching / filtering projects by license. Changing this stuff around will probably take a bit more engineering effort, but would be a welcome medium/longer-term improvement.

I'll add all 3 of your points to our internal notes.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
Edited by Simon Anciaux on Reason: typo
Sorry to interrupt but what does TLC mean ?
511 posts
mrmixer
Sorry to interrupt but what does TLC mean ?

tender love and care