Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
70 posts
Professional programmer, working in the video games industry since 2012
Broken code block in featured comment
Edited by Guntha on Reason: Initial post
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this bug:

The block is properly filled when we go in the blog post to read the comment.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
In addition to this, is it intended that the front page doesn't show a preview of the content of most posts ?
Ryan Fleury
204 posts / 4 projects
Working at Epic Games Tools (RAD). Former Handmade Network lead. Maker of Hidden Grove.
Guntha
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this bug:

The block is properly filled when we go in the blog post to read the comment.

Hey there, Guntha! Thanks for the bug report. We'll be sure to take a look at this. The BBCode parser was recently replaced and improved by the team, so there are perhaps some issues (like this one) that have yet to be ironed out.

mrmixer
In addition to this, is it intended that the front page doesn't show a preview of the content of most posts ?

I don't believe this is intended behavior, though I definitely don't think this is a new issue. We'll take a look at this as well.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
The code block bug is still present.
70 posts
Professional programmer, working in the video games industry since 2012
Another bug related to code blocks, this time in the "View all posts on HMN" page:

In the actual post, there is a code block in the location of the "1 2 3 4 5 ...."
Ben Visness
109 posts / 9 projects
HMN lead.
These are the shenanigans you get when you generate HTML and then try to make excerpts by chopping off your HTML after some point.

I think it's pretty clear what the fix will eventually be (make an alternative bbcode renderer for just excerpts) but I don't think it will be a high priority for a bit, with the library and some other tasks at the foreground. I'll for sure put it on our list though so we can get to it eventually.

Thanks for the reports!