Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
[REQUEST] More posts visible when replying

When you reply to a thread, only the post you click "reply" on is visible. I would personally prefer to get the whole thread because most of the time I use the "Reply to thread" link at the bottom and I want more information than only the first post.

Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects

I actually prefer this new way of seeing just one post on reply, because then it is very clear which reply button/link I've pressed. In old version it was very confusing.

Simon Anciaux
1337 posts

mmozeiko
...it is very clear which reply button/link I've pressed

I never thought that mattered before today. I don't really see the usefulness of the "Replying to ..." text but since it "new" to me I guess I'll have to wait and see if it's helpful.

Than I would like the "Reply to thread" button at the bottom to display the last message instead of the first.

Ben Visness
109 posts / 9 projects
HMN lead.

I'm happy to show more info, but I can't think of a good way to present it without making the whole page very cluttered.

Someday maybe we'll just structure our UI more like Discourse, and have the reply editor right on the same page as the rest of the thread. That way you could easily scroll to any part of the thread while replying. But that would be a more drastic redesign than we have time for right now.