Handmade Network»Forums»Broadcasts
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Audio Versions
Edited by Jeremiah Goerdt on Reason: Initial post
Is there some way we could get ahold of audio files for listening to these interviews on the go? I wish I had time to sit down and watch all of these, but it's much more likely I'll be able to finish them all while doing work around the house or driving.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Audio Versions
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on
You can easily download only audio file from YouTube with youtube-dl. Find out YT url and then run this:
youtube-dl -f 140 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0q5yt5xJEE
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Audio Versions
Works like a charm.

I wouldn't mind a Handmade Dev Show podcast though. Let me subscribe on my phone ;-)
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
Audio Versions
Yeah I love youtube-dl. CaptainKraft, there are a couple of episodes where I think I laugh / interrupt more often than I should have (Sean Barrett interview comes to mind), but the invaluable wisdom brought by the guests should make those interruptions bearable. Still, sorry about that!

CaptainKraft
I wouldn't mind a Handmade Dev Show podcast though.

Hah, the reason I hosted on a website is because I remember the show fondly and learned so much from it myself. Putting up annotations and references should help people understand the handmade values, so to speak.

CaptainKraft
Let me subscribe on my phone ;-)

Last year ChronalDragon and I made a podcast on programming education (which led to this year's release of the Handmade Wiki).