We are currently in the process of converting the website to the new design. Some pages, like this one, are still broken. We appreciate your patience.
Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Developer, administrator, and style wrangler
New site style
mrmixer
The "Log in to reply" link a the bottom of the page is barely visible on the light theme.

This is now fixed, thanks.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
Edited by Andrew Chronister on
Just pushed a pretty major change, including page layout changes and stylesheet changes, and the server seems to be serving up old versions of the stylesheets at the moment. Give it a bit to sort itself out and everything should shortly return to normal.
513 posts
New site style
ChronalDragon
Just pushed a pretty major change, including page layout changes and stylesheet changes, and the server seems to be serving up old versions of the stylesheets at the moment. Give it a bit to sort itself out and everything should shortly return to normal.

Did the new-post marker disappear because of this change?
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
ratchetfreak
ChronalDragon

Did the new-post marker disappear because of this change?

It did, I just pushed a quick fix
Mattie
35 posts
New site style
Edited by Mattie on
ChronalDragon
It did, I just pushed a quick fix

It looks like you got it backwards, now it has the red line for read posts and no line for unread ones.
Edit: It's that way on the light theme, the dark theme looks fine.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
You raise a compelling argument.

I've just pushed a quickfix for the quickfix, it should be visible within ~15 minutes.
Simon Anciaux
1363 posts
New site style
Edited by Simon Anciaux on
Actually I was talking about the "login to reply" at the bottom of threads. But you may have missed it because it's invisible !

A few notes on the new style (since you're working on it):
- there is a scrollbar at the right of the toolbox (Bold, italic...)
- I don't think there is a need to repeat the thread title above each posts. I would prefer a bigger thread title at the top
- I would like the date in addition of the "elapsed" time since a message was posted, at least for message older than a day.
- If the row with the "date" and edit reason is too long, it pushes the Quote, Reply, Edit buttons down.
- On the homepage I find that changing the color of the "1 more recently" links to match the "project color" a bit odd.
- On the homepage and feed page, I also find the different color based on the read status of a thread a bit odd. Maybe changing the background color would be ok, but changing the text color doesn't feel great in my opinion.

But I like the new layout of the homepage better.
And thanks for the RSS feed.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2583 posts / 2 projects
New site style
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on
Now all "View all posts" feed (https://handmade.network/feed) doesn't visually show which posts I have read and which not.

Previously it had nice dotted line on left side.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
Edited by Andrew Chronister on
mmozeiko
Now all "View all posts" feed (https://handmade.network/feed) doesn't visually show which posts I have read and which not.

Previously it had nice dotted line on left side.

It does actually, unread posts have colored link text and darker body text. Evidently I need to add additional indication, since I've gotten other "bug reports" about this issue
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
New site style
Ah, right. Now that you point it out… it's just that it's a change from the way they used to be signaled that threw me off, @chronal.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2583 posts / 2 projects
New site style
Ohhh, I didn't notice that text is just bold now. I think maybe it will look nicer if background would be a bit darker (or lighter, depending on theme) for unread things.
Mattie
35 posts
New site style
The clickable area of the "jump to latest/first unread post" button seems to be above the >> itself.
(Tested on Chrome)
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
New site style
I almost put in a bug report myself until I scrolled down far enough to see the difference in old vs new posts.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2583 posts / 2 projects
New site style
This new orange color... uh. It doesn't seem nice to me. Especially on /feeds page.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
mmozeiko
This new orange color... uh. It doesn't seem nice to me. Especially on /feeds page.

(Duplicated here from IRC) I reduced the intensity of the color banding on the light theme, hopefully that helps.