Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Developer, administrator, and style wrangler
New site style
mrmixer
The "Log in to reply" link a the bottom of the page is barely visible on the light theme.

This is now fixed, thanks.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
Edited by Andrew Chronister on
Just pushed a pretty major change, including page layout changes and stylesheet changes, and the server seems to be serving up old versions of the stylesheets at the moment. Give it a bit to sort itself out and everything should shortly return to normal.
511 posts
New site style
ChronalDragon
Just pushed a pretty major change, including page layout changes and stylesheet changes, and the server seems to be serving up old versions of the stylesheets at the moment. Give it a bit to sort itself out and everything should shortly return to normal.

Did the new-post marker disappear because of this change?
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
ratchetfreak
ChronalDragon

Did the new-post marker disappear because of this change?

It did, I just pushed a quick fix
Mattie
35 posts
New site style
Edited by Mattie on
ChronalDragon
It did, I just pushed a quick fix

It looks like you got it backwards, now it has the red line for read posts and no line for unread ones.
Edit: It's that way on the light theme, the dark theme looks fine.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
You raise a compelling argument.

I've just pushed a quickfix for the quickfix, it should be visible within ~15 minutes.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
New site style
Edited by Simon Anciaux on
Actually I was talking about the "login to reply" at the bottom of threads. But you may have missed it because it's invisible !

A few notes on the new style (since you're working on it):
- there is a scrollbar at the right of the toolbox (Bold, italic...)
- I don't think there is a need to repeat the thread title above each posts. I would prefer a bigger thread title at the top
- I would like the date in addition of the "elapsed" time since a message was posted, at least for message older than a day.
- If the row with the "date" and edit reason is too long, it pushes the Quote, Reply, Edit buttons down.
- On the homepage I find that changing the color of the "1 more recently" links to match the "project color" a bit odd.
- On the homepage and feed page, I also find the different color based on the read status of a thread a bit odd. Maybe changing the background color would be ok, but changing the text color doesn't feel great in my opinion.

But I like the new layout of the homepage better.
And thanks for the RSS feed.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
New site style
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on
Now all "View all posts" feed (https://handmade.network/feed) doesn't visually show which posts I have read and which not.

Previously it had nice dotted line on left side.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
Edited by Andrew Chronister on
mmozeiko
Now all "View all posts" feed (https://handmade.network/feed) doesn't visually show which posts I have read and which not.

Previously it had nice dotted line on left side.

It does actually, unread posts have colored link text and darker body text. Evidently I need to add additional indication, since I've gotten other "bug reports" about this issue
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
New site style
Ah, right. Now that you point it out… it's just that it's a change from the way they used to be signaled that threw me off, @chronal.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
New site style
Ohhh, I didn't notice that text is just bold now. I think maybe it will look nicer if background would be a bit darker (or lighter, depending on theme) for unread things.
Mattie
35 posts
New site style
The clickable area of the "jump to latest/first unread post" button seems to be above the >> itself.
(Tested on Chrome)
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
New site style
I almost put in a bug report myself until I scrolled down far enough to see the difference in old vs new posts.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
New site style
This new orange color... uh. It doesn't seem nice to me. Especially on /feeds page.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
New site style
mmozeiko
This new orange color... uh. It doesn't seem nice to me. Especially on /feeds page.

(Duplicated here from IRC) I reduced the intensity of the color banding on the light theme, hopefully that helps.