Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Benjamin Pedersen
46 posts
Mathematician
Thoughts on the text of Monthly Update Policy and Project Submission Guidelines
Edited by Benjamin Pedersen on
I have just read Monthly Update Policy and Project Submission Guidlines. I find that you guys have done a very good job at writing these. However, I have two thoughts on how they could be improved.

• I think it should be emphasized more strongly that the monthly update are due by the end of the month, not a month after last update. This might not seem important now, but I think it becomes more important to be clear about this as the community grows.
  • Monthly Update Policy looks much nicer than Project Submission Guidlines. I would have liked some more headlines and maybe some bullet points.

Thanks for Handmade Network and keep up the good work!
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
Benjamin,

Thank you, always nice to hear kind but critical feedback. On to your points:

I think it should be emphasized more strongly that the monthly update are due by the end of the month, not a month after last update.

Sure, I actually have seen people make the update the month after, and that may mess up the way we track updates on the admin side. I'll clarify it.

Monthly Update Policy looks much nicer than Project Submission Guidlines. I would have liked some more headlines and maybe some bullet points.

I had not noticed, so thanks for pointing it out! New formatted version should appear today.

All the best,
Abner
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Developer, administrator, and style wrangler
Both documents have been reformatted, and the monthly update policy document has been updated to reflect the clarification. You may have to wait a bit for django's cache / your cache to clear out the old versions.