handmade.network » Forums » Site Feedback » Formatting derped up
ratchetfreak
267 posts
#11490 Formatting derped up
2 months, 4 weeks ago

When I put in mesh.id in the code block it got replaced by some kind of uuid

1
    mesh_data d = load_mesh_data( mesh. id );


without the space between the dot and id:

1
    mesh_data d = load_mesh_data( mesh.id );

Kelimion
Jeroen van Rijn
223 posts
3 projects

A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_

#11491 Formatting derped up
2 months, 4 weeks ago Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on March 28, 2017, 3:09 p.m.

ratchetfreak:
When I put in mesh.id in the code block it got replaced by some kind of uuid

1
    mesh_data d = load_mesh_data( mesh. id );


without the space between the dot and id:

1
    mesh_data d = load_mesh_data( mesh.id );



Cool beans. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
mmozeiko
Mārtiņš Možeiko
1349 posts
1 project
#11492 Formatting derped up
2 months, 4 weeks ago

This is fun.
mesh.name also does something strange:
1
mesh.name
ratchetfreak
267 posts
#11493 Formatting derped up
2 months, 4 weeks ago

mmozeiko:
This is fun.
mesh.name also does something strange:
1
mesh.name


Yeah I hit that one as well when typing up the history of vertex data post, naming is hard...
Kelimion
Jeroen van Rijn
223 posts
3 projects

A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_

#11507 Formatting derped up
2 months, 3 weeks ago

ratchetfreak:
When I put in mesh.id in the code block it got replaced by some kind of uuid

1
    mesh_data d = load_mesh_data( mesh. id );


without the space between the dot and id:

1
    mesh_data d = load_mesh_data( mesh.id );



Alright, this is fixed. I'll now start reparsing all of the posts in the background, so existing posts with this bug will be properly formatted without needing to be edited.

This fix does disable linking up urls in code blocks, so if you have a url a bug report or some documentation in your code block for example, that url will now no longer be linked up. I could've made this fix such that urls were still linked in code blocks, but that would've been a much more involved rewrite of the highlighter and considering the upcoming move to MarkDown, I didn't think that would be a good use of my time right now.