Handmade Network»Forums
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
The Handmade.Network Feedback Megathread!
mmozeiko
Backslashes have ugly red rectangle around it in code tag:
A:\
C:\some\path\to\my\file.txt
D:\

Fixed. I almost forgot about that one, thanks!
Murry Lancashire
25 posts
Aspiring Polymath.
Hi Guys! Nice to meet you all!

Just a little bit of feedback. The second page of projects is really easy to miss, being a small number. It took me a few visits to the site to even realize there was a second page. Not sure what the best solution is though!
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
Muzz

Just a little bit of feedback. The second page of projects is really easy to miss, being a small number. It took me a few visits to the site to even realize there was a second page. Not sure what the best solution is though!

We'll look into making it a bit more discoverable. Thanks :)
Josh Filstrup
14 posts / 1 project
beep boop
ChronalDragon
There currently seems to be no way to change the language of a project.
This is true. I'll see about getting in a simple version of this (space-separated text field) tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tip.

Hey Andrew, did this one get lost in the shuffle? No rush.
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
Edited by Abner Coimbre on Reason: Typo
superfunc
Hey Andrew, did this one get lost in the shuffle? No rush.

I've asked Miblo to compile a list of all reported bugs and their completion status. He will make it a sticky post in the new feedback forum at his earliest convenience. That way whenever a new one gets reported, it'll be added there. To answer your current question, the language thing is still to be addressed, but not forgotten.
Josh Filstrup
14 posts / 1 project
beep boop
Thanks Abner!
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
The list is up! Honestly, I'm just even more blown away by the work Jeroen and Andrew are doing here.
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
superfunc
There currently seems to be no way to change the language of a project.

Resolved.
Nuno
18 posts
Hey guys

I really miss an important feature, that honestly it's preventing me to come here often, it's a basic forum feature that I can't find it in the feedback list as well.

Different colors for threads that have new messages, and the >> should point to the first unread message.

Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot and a huge thank you for making this happen.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
Slash
Hey guys

I really miss an important feature, that honestly it's preventing me to come here often, it's a basic forum feature that I can't find it in the feedback list as well.

Different colors for threads that have new messages, and the >> should point to the first unread message.

Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot and a huge thank you for making this happen.

o/

It's on the list, just not specifically mentioning different colors.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
wonchun
1) In a reply post, I clicked on the quoted username to go to the original message, but it instead kicked me out to the main forums page.

If the quote tag includes the post param, it'll now link to the original post instead of the profile. Obviously old uses of the quote tag don't have this param, so they'll work as before.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
ands

ChronalDragon

Fixed by limiting image width to 100%. I think we might want to consider automatically giving large images links so that you can click to see the full thing, or wrapping them in a div so that a scrollbar can be added.

Also fixed! :)

By the way: Hierarchical quotes don't work. ;)

ChronalDragon

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for this site!

Hierarchical quotes have been fixed a few days ago.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
I think we can consider this one solved, Muzz? There's two pagination bars on that page and the numbers seem large enough. If you still think it's easy to miss, let us know and perhaps we'll add a -more projects- link directly below the last one of the page where applicable.

Muzz

Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
The registration page now refills with any previously filled content if something was wrong. Additionally the other half of the process - confirmation - is now much more streamlined. You get emailed a link, you click it, you confirm with your password and you're logged on with your new account.

MandleBro
Page: https://handmade.network/_register

Issue: If something fails validation, the page is refreshed with all fields erased. The nicest way to do this is not even activate the Register button until all fields validate. Using an ajax call to check that the username is available as the user types and javascript validation for the rest makes this possible and is very slick.