Handmade Network»Forums
Chen
102 posts / 2 projects
Some guy trying to make some video game.
I'm starting a channel called "3D Graphics From Scratch"
Edited by Chen on Reason: Initial post
Hello all. I am doing a series of tutorials on 3D graphics. I'm planning to start off with procedural then start out from there. Like the title implies, the series emphasizes on doing the 3D graphics from scratch. If you are interested, you can try follow along. If you have some specific topics that you want me to cover, you can leave it in the thread and I can try accommodate. I have a long list of things I want to teach and you can look forward to that.

I might not be the most articulate person, or the most knowledgeable, but I feel that there's a lack of "from scratch" style tutorials out there. So I want to contribute by sharing what I know, even though it might be very limited.

Here's the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdudkkjF_-oUKKRsttlS2w/videos.
Oliver Marsh
193 posts / 1 project
Olster1.github.io
Edited by Oliver Marsh on
Awesome, something I'll definitely be checking out. I like that the videos are half an hour range. Massive streams are sometimes hard to watch.
Raytio
56 posts / 1 project
Edited by Raytio on
Great will be following for sure.

I just checked the channel ... maybe you should rename it Ray-tracing from scratch?

Chen
102 posts / 2 projects
Some guy trying to make some video game.
Hi GodRatio:

I won't just be doing raytracing. I will also do other stuff, such as a software renderer or some interesting 2D image synthesis. It's just that raytracing probably will take up the bulk of the content because I love it so much :P
Raytio
56 posts / 1 project
Hi Chen thats cool. Do what you love