Handmade Network»Forums»Site Feedback
Dan
22 posts
A man named Dan.
[Resolved] Preview post
Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on Reason: Resolved
Most forums have a "Preview" button next to the "Post new thread" button. While this isn't required, it saves me having to edit my post multiple times and can be useful.

That said, I'm extremely impressed with how fast this website is and editing posts has been very painless so far. This request is merely a matter of keeping the post private until it has been edited and formatted to perfection.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
[Resolved] Preview post
dbechrd
Most forums have a "Preview" button next to the "Post new thread" button. While this isn't required, it saves me having to edit my post multiple times and can be useful.

That said, I'm extremely impressed with how fast this website is and editing posts has been very painless so far. This request is merely a matter of keeping the post private until it has been edited and formatted to perfection.

I know we've planned to add post preview, but it may not have made it to the public todo list yet.

Miblo, could you add this to the feedback post, please?
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
[Resolved] Preview post
Edited by Matt Mascarenhas on Reason: Nested quote
Kelimion
Miblo, could you add this to the feedback post, please?

Sure! So the idea is that I now compile this sub-forum's threads into that list? I kind of thought the list was just to record the replies to the megathread.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
[Resolved] Preview post
Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on
Miblo
Sure! So the idea is that I now compile this sub-forum's threads into that list? I kind of thought the list was just to record the replies to the megathread.

Well, it makes sense to me that people can check the compiled thread first to see if the issue is already on there. Otherwise they'll have to scan through a potentially long list of threads, some with issues which may have already been fixed, some with feature requests.

For consistency it may be nice if the sticky was kept up to date as a first port of call to see whether something still needs reporting. Then if you have the same issue / feature request, you can check the thread in question from the list to see if it matches your experience in enough nuance and so on.
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
[Resolved] Preview post
Kelimion
Otherwise they'll have to scan through a potentially long list of threads, some with issues which may have already been fixed, some with feature requests.

Thus defeating the purpose of the bug/feature list in the first place!
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
[Resolved] Preview post
Okay, list update coming up.
Dan
22 posts
A man named Dan.
[Resolved] Preview post
It might be better to simply delete or archive (if there's some desire to preserve the conversation) posts regarding bugs which have been resolved or features which have been implemented.

Maybe an additional "Resolved Feedback" sub-section with "[Resolved]", "[Not an issue]", or "[Request Denied]" tags added when a post is moved there? Just a thought to save poor Miblo's fingers.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
[Resolved] Preview post
dbechrd
It might be better to simply delete or archive (if there's some desire to preserve the conversation) posts regarding bugs which have been resolved or features which have been implemented.

Maybe an additional "Resolved Feedback" sub-section with "[Resolved]", "[Not an issue]", or "[Request Denied]" tags added when a post is moved there? Just a thought to save poor Miblo's fingers.

I like that idea.
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
[Resolved] Preview post
Me too. Feature Request upcoming after the list is updated, unless you get there before me.
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
[Resolved] Preview post
Well, this one's done and dusted :)