Handmade Network»Forums
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Developer, administrator, and style wrangler
The Handmade.Network Feedback Megathread!
Edited by Andrew Chronister on
Hey there everyone!

We're excited to have you all on board! We need to break in the system, so try anything and everything on the site and report bugs here.

Preferred report format:
Page URL:
Description of issue:
Browser + version: (e.g. Firefox 41 or Chrome Canary or IE 5.5)
Screenshot(s):

We're still missing a few pieces of functionality which we unfortunately had to push back in order to meet the launch deadline. For a list of these, and to make feature requests, see this thread

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Cheers, Andrew
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
Is this only for bug and polishing stuff? Or also features?
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Bug reports primarily, but notably missing features are also welcomed. For example, I just realized there's no "Reply to <this post>" button :P
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Is this only for bug and polishing stuff? Or also features?

Bug reports primarily, but notably missing features are also welcomed. For example, I just realized there's no "Reply to <this post>" button :P

Quoting and replying to specific posts has been added \o/
Josh Filstrup
14 posts / 1 project
beep boop
There currently seems to be no way to change the language of a project.
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
There currently seems to be no way to change the language of a project.
This is true. I'll see about getting in a simple version of this (space-separated text field) tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tip.
Florian Behr
5 posts / 1 project
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Edited by Florian Behr on
So cool to have it finally launch!

As for feedback, I don't see a reply to post button… sure it's here?
Also feature request: Custom emotes. I need :barf:

EDIT: I now see that I can reply to my own post, but not to anyone else's. A permission issue perhaps?

EDIT2: Bug: When I edit a post and press "update post" it sends me back to the old page, with the old post. I have to manually reload to see it edited.
Jay Waggle
10 posts
insobot++
Edited by Jay Waggle on
It seems that the timezone setting might not be working correctly. Mine is set to US/Eastern and it is currently 8:57 am at the time of writing this. The previous post by eisbehr is being shown as posted in the future, 10:29 am.

Edit: Going by the timestamp on this post, US/Eastern seems to be 4 hours too far ahead.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Edited by Allen Webster on
This site is off the hook, so excited.

The thing is this though... it seems that the little space that usually gets filled with the "short description" is getting filled with the full bio on the posts I make on my own project. Bug?

EDIT:
Also when I go to the handmadedev blog at https://dev.handmadedev.org/p/hmn/b there is a new post button... that's not suppose to be there for me right?

EDIT2:
Actually looking even more I guess I can post on just any blog I visit at all at the moment.
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
Edited by Abner Coimbre on
Page URL: Homepage

Description of issue: Layout problem with a preview post.

Browser + version: Firefox 45.0.1 for Manjaro

Screenshot(s):

EDIT: This post also breaks the layout on the homepage because of screenshot. Ohh the meta of it all.
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
There doesn't seem to be a way to find the IRC info now. since the homepage has been replaced by the forum activity feed.
Mikkel
57 posts
And I'm guessing I'm not supposed to be able to make blogposts over on the HMD blog? Blog Post
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Ah yeah, I need to add some miscellaneous links to the home page.

Page URL: Homepage

Description of issue: Layout problem with a preview post.

Browser + version: Firefox 45.0.1 for Manjaro

Screenshots:[snipped]

EDIT: This post also breaks the layout on the homepage because of screenshot. Ohh the meta of it all.

Fixed.
Apoorva Joshi
19 posts / 1 project
GPU tinkerer
Firstly, good job on the website. Fast load times, great design (dat "HANDMADE" header! *drools*), and no-hassle input textboxes.

Two suggestions I can think of:
1. Give a way to reorder the images on project pages without deleting and reuploading everything.
2. Enable markdown. I absolutely love markdown, and I think a lot of other devs will also be more used to it rather than the current [] notation for text input.

Looking forward to using the forums! Finally, a better place to talk than Twitter. :)
Jeroen van Rijn
248 posts
A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_
Site will be faster when I finally enable caching :)

As for MarkDown, I know it's used on GitHub (and GitLab), but it's a horrible way to mark up text. Miblo can attest to this since the annotations are done in Markup.

That's not to say we're committed to never supporting MarkDown. There's backend support for a choice of parsers. BBcode is the current default (and only implemented one) because we've had to import the Handmade Hero forums.

Once we've run out of the more important things to tackle after launch, I'm sure we'll be looking to add more parsers. It's not as if we made that a choice in the backend for nothing :)